Honduras Devotional 3/17/2017
Honduras Devotional 3/17
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
1 Peter 4:8-11 ESV
1. Use your gift. Whatever gift God has given you should be used for Him to serve others. That gift could be many things, leadership, a voice to sing, the ability to teach kids or adults or the ability to fix things. There is no way I could not list them all here. The bottom line is that you have a gift or a skill that could be used for the glory of God. As you can see in this passage it involves speaking and serving. Use your gift to serve other other people and that will give you the opportunity to speak about Jesus.
2. When we do not use our gift we are not good stewards of what God has given us. We are self centered, we are only using our gift God has given us for ourself. This seems very selfish to be given something and only use it for ourself.
3. What is your gift? In what area has God gifted you? Use it to serve others. When you do you will have the opportunity to speak the oracles of God.
4. We should do it out of love. Serving others is a by product of love.
5. Everyone's gift is different and therefore needed to meet all kinds of needs.
Be on the lookout for opportunity to serve others, every day.